COVID-19 Updated Cancellation Policy for 20/21 Bookings
In these uncertain times, we understand that you may be hesitant to book your University Accommodation, so to make this decision easier, Hive Accommodation and our landlords have made allowances over and above our usual cancellation policy to protect you and allow you to cancel/amend any booking made for the 2020/21 academic year, if any of the below apply:
1. Your course start date is delayed, we’ll put back the start of your tenancy to match the starting month of your course. You must inform us at least
one week (7 Days) before your original check-in date, otherwise you will be liable for the full costs associated with the original tenancy.
(If you have already moved in and are currently living with us and/or your tenancy start date is in the past and you haven’t advised us of your plans, and your University takes the decision to move to online study, then you will liable for the full costs and terms associated with the original tenancy, i.e full rent is payable)
2. World Health Organisation recommendations and decisions around Coronavirus advise that you do not travel
3. Flights to the U.K. have been cancelled (both Direct and Indirect) - we’ll put back the start of your tenancy to the date that air travel restrictions are lifted.
(If your Visa processing is delayed then our normal cancellation policy will apply.
If you decide to defer your course until September 2021, we may be able transfer your booking to the next academic year providing this is put to us in writing before the date that your contract starts. Ask the team for details
Cancellations after you have moved in
If for any reason you decide to leave during your contracted term, we might be able to release you from your tenancy agreement. But only if these conditions are met:
1. You agree not to transfer or sublet the tenancy to anyone else without our written consent,
2. You find a suitable replacement to take a new tenancy agreement for the rest of your tenancy. This person must: be at least 18 years old and enrolled as a full-time student in a university close to the accommodation; enter into a tenancy agreement with us and pay all sums due within it; and provide a guarantor where reasonable, who must accept the terms and conditions set out in the tenancy agreement.
We can’t refund you until the student replacing you has taken over your room’s contract, signed the tenancy agreement, paid, and moved in.
If you can’t find someone to take over your tenancy, you’ll be responsible for paying the full rent until the end of your tenancy agreement.